Thursday, October 23, 2014

Our Online Persona

Who am I?
If you look at my online profiles you probably see the exaggerated version of myself. On Tumblr I voice the opinions that I have on pop culture, my favorite shows, books, and movies, that I have to keep bottled up around the "common folk".
I laugh and speculate, cry and scream in frustration with my fandom family, but when I go to school the next day I am reserved and relatively cautious. Now the question is: Is this who I really am? In a way it is. This is who I want to be able to be around everyone else, but I am unfortunately unable to do so. It always depends on the situation, as stated in the article, "Your Online Identity",
"You're always you, of course, but you probably have different identities depending on the situation or who you're with. For instance, at school you might keep a quiet profile and stay out of trouble. But at home, you might be known for your practical jokes and silly side."

To the people on Tumblr I am probably passionate and vocal about everything. I most likely rage about the injustice of the murder of Fred Weasley everyday , but that's just not the case. I am taciturn in public and become colorful behind the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment